The Hotel is a two story colonial building located on a residential street, only two blocks west of Santa Lucia Park and four blocks from the Main Square (Plaza Grande). Cultural events, parks, theaters, museums, restaurants, and shopping are all within walking distance from the hotel. The city of Merida is a great base for day trips to Mayan archaeological zones, Yucatan haciendas, rural and fishing villages, bird sanctuaries, cenotes, and the beaches of the Yucatan.
A Beautiful Property with an Established, Reputable, and Profitable Business
A great opportunity to realize your dream of owning and operating an intimate and charming hotel without the laborious remodeling process and the time and effort required to build a successful business and reputation. Start making money from the moment you own this magnificent property and business.
About The Building
- An early 1900’s completely-remodeled two story colonial style building.
- Located on a quiet mostly residential street without bus traffic.
- Safe walking distance to cultural activities but far enough from the bustle of downtown.
- Twelve guestrooms with private baths designed to give space and convenience.
- Well-ventilated spacious bathrooms with a separate dressing area.
- Marble top counters and talavera sinks.
- Other constructed areas include the poolside kitchen and bar, office, a public bathroom, and two large storage rooms.
- Thick walls and high ceilings keep the building cool and well-ventilated.
- Wide corridors are lined with arches and columns and protect the rooms from the elements.
- All guestrooms face the central garden patio.
- The central patio has lush vegetation and two soothing fountains.
- The large back patio has a filtered swimming pool completely tiled with mosaics.
- Intimate second floor terrace
- The gardens have fruit bearing trees including mango, sour orange, and banana.
- The building and public areas are well-maintained and in excellent condition.
- All rooms, bathrooms, and corridors are tiled with either original or new high quality tiles.
- Hydraulic and water softening systems deliver soft water with good pressure to all the rooms.
- Electrical substation with an abundant power supply.
- The remodeling process took two years to complete. All new plumbing and the electrical wiring was installed including ducts for cable and internet access in all of the guestrooms.
- Nine of the twelve guestrooms and the office have Carrier mini-split air-conditioning. All twelve guestrooms and the office have Hunter ceiling fans.
- An urban oasis with a harmonious and aesthetically pleasing design.
About The Business
- Fully operational hotel with an excellent reputation and occupancy.
- Highly recommended by 20 international guidebooks.
- Prime location, four blocks from the main square in the heart of the historical center of Merida.
- Short walking distance to Calle 60 and all downtown attractions including museums, parks, restaurants, shops, and theatres.
- The complete and well-trained staff is motivated and speak basic English.
- An aggressive internet marketing campaign has placed us on top of most relevant search results.
- Great potential to increase revenue by expanding the food and beverage operation and other guest services.
- All legal documents including permits, deeds, and construction plans are in order and available for review.
- Increasing property value in the most upward moving city in Mexico.
- The property can be purchased as a hotel, or can be converted into another commercial entrerprise, or private home.
Reasons why the hotel is for sale
- Owners are moving to Brazil to start a new business venture.
- Ideal time to sell the hotel because of the local dynamic real estate market and the growing demand for property in Merida.
Reasons why to buy the hotel
- Sound real estate investment
- Own an established and successful hotel business in the most popular tourist destination in Mexico.
- Earn money from the first day you own this turnkey property and business.
OWNER FINANCING AVAILABLE:
40% down and yearly payments of 30% over a two year span, 10% interest charge added for the second and third payments.
Built Area: 770.42 m2
Land Area: 671.43 m2
Offered at $500,000 USD
This home must be purchased in Mexican Pesos with a direct transfer. The price is 10,000,000 pesos.
Approx $500,000 US at the time of this listing based on 20 pesos to the dollar. This price will vary with the value of the US Dollar.
In Mexico: 999.955.7937
From the US or Canada: 941-227-2202